RIPE NCC - World IPv6 Launch Measurements
The RIPE NCC will perform ongoing measurements related to World IPv6 Launch, which takes place on 6 June 2012. As a part of this effort, we will monitor many of the participating websites from a number of vantage points:
- Nodes of the RIPE NCC Test Traffic Measurements platform
- Nodes of the Archipelago Measurement Infrastructure, kindly contributed by CAIDA
- Nodes contributed by partners and other infrastructures, such as RIPE Atlas
From these vantage points, our monitoring effort periodically checks:
- DNS entries — to check whether the World IPv6 Launch participants have A/AAAA records
- Round Trip Times (RTTs) using ping/ping6
- Forward path discovery using traceroute and traceroute6
- HTTP page fetches — over IPv4 and IPv6 when available
For the IPv6 Launch event, we've been measuring 60 participants from 53 vantage points, and we have executed 18,049,214 measurements between May 19 (00 UTC) and June 18 (00 UTC) 2012.
IPv4/IPv6 comparison to some sites (more RTT measurement results and explanation...)
|RTT measurements to Google
||RTT measurements to Yahoo!
||RTT measurements to Facebook
||RTT measurements to Heise.de
(Click on a pin in the above map to get more measurement details.)
See more HTTP maps...
IPv6 traffic over AMS-IX infrastructure:
IPv6 enabled Websites (from